Recently, I started getting organic produce delivery from Boston Organics. The new variety of veggies in the house and a burning desire to get LLB to like them has inspired some new cooking ideas. This is by no means a new phenomenon, but LLB was digging on this turkey meatloaf I made yesterday and it is loaded with veggie deliciousness. Try this out…its quick and healthy:) Feel free to sub with other veggies. I bet shredded zucchini would rock…when its in season.
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 3/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 small organic yellow onion diced
- 1 large organic carrot shredded
- 1/2 organic turnip shredded
- 1 free range egg
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- a few shakes of garlic & herb seasoning (whole foods)
- a few pinches of sea salt
Mix it all up in a bowl – get those hands dirty! Form that sloppy mess into a loaf on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees. Serve!