Happy Valentine’s Day! Let’s love our bodies this year. As discussed in my last post, Spring is right around the corner and soon we’ll be wearing less and showing more. That said, we need to tighten it up, literally! We can only hide behind our down puffy coats and wool sweaters for so much longer.
As a fitness professional, it is my job and my passion to inspire others to get fit and live a healthier lifestyle. One of the best and most effective ways for me to do this is to lead by example. We can all make excuses why there’s not enough time, but believe me there is time. You just need to make a commitment and stick to it. One of the most effective ways to stick to a plan is to make that plan known…then there’s no turning back. So, I challenge you to make the commitment. In return I’ll listen, offer encouragement/advice, and hold you accountable!
The Shed the Layers Challenge starts today, February 14 and goes to March 21, the 1st day of Spring. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make the commitment – Comment on this post that you want to shed the layers!
- What are you looking to achieve? State your goal – could be a variety of things…lose a specific amount of weight or inches, eat healthier or just become more acitve, etc..just be reasonable. Set an attainable goal.
- What’s your plan? How do you plan to achieve your goal? Will you join a gym, start a healthier diet plan, work out at home, start working with a trainer or perhaps a Pilates instructor (wink, wink). If you would like some advice, please ASK! I am qualified to help you in the fitness/Pilates department. If it’s diet related, I have a couple great resources that can give advice if needed – virtually or locally in NYC & Boston.
- Check in regularly – I will post my daily Shed the Layer check-in on Twitter (#shedthelayers), Facebook & here at LongLeanMama.com. You must comment on what you accomplished that day.
- Achieve and be recognized!!! At the end, I will post all active participants’ accomplishments. If you have before and after pics, I’ll post them. Tell me about your experience and your achievements, I’ll give you a guest post.
The great news is, not only do you have my support but also the support of your virtual shed the layer compadres!
Here’s my plan…
- Exercise/be active everyday – at least 30 minutes
- Practice Pilates at least 3 days/week
- Run 15 miles/week
- Make a new healthy recipe at least once a week
- Look and feel leaner at the end
So, consider this your official invitation…Please join me in my Shed the Layers challenge. Comment below and make the commitment !