One week has passed since the start of the Shed the Layers challenge. How is it going??
I am doing pretty good considering how full my plate has been. We are in the final week before our move back the New York…I’m working, packing, chasing down our wild little toddler and trying to find the energy to stick to my Shed the Layer goals.
Week 1 update:
- Exercise/be active everyday – at least 30 minutes
- Practice Pilates at least 3 days/week
- Run 15 miles/week
- Make a new healthy recipe at least once a week
- I stayed active at least 30 minutes everyday – pretty much a given with a toddler!
- I practiced Pilates 3x – my goal!
- I ran 9 miles – 6 short of my 15 mile goal
- I prepared a new recipe – Long Lean Grilled Chicken Salad Rockin Mama – a new staple!
Not too shabby! I know I didn’t do exactly what I set out to do, but I was close and I tried…that’s what matters most. The greatest outcome so far is how I feel. I have TONS of energy; energy that can get me through the daunting tasks that are in front of me! I am happy that, despite my crazy schedule, I am taking some time for ME and working on my health and fitness.
How are the rest of my fellow Shed the Layers crew doing?